Time to whip up a yummy, quick and healthy breakfast folks! This air fryer breakfast pastry recipe is super easy and insanely delicious. We love making Air Fryer Recipes and this one is a must-try!
For your convenience, this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love how you can use the air fryer for so much more than just making your favorite crunchy and crispy foods healthier? I do too! And that’s exactly why I keep experimenting and looking for different ways to use this amazing kitchen appliance. This air fryer breakfast pastry is one of my recent tries and is hands down one of my favorite ways to use my air fryer. After all, what could be better than having a crispy, flaky, and healthy breakfast ready in just 10 minutes?
Air Fryer Breakfast Pastry Recipe
Here’s what you need to know before you give this recipe a shot!
What Other Fillings Can I Add?
If you’ve got pie crust that you can put to use, you’re pretty much sorted! You can try out a ton of different variations to the fillings for this air fryer pastry- both sweet and savory. Here are a few excellent ideas to get going on.
- Sausage crumbles and cheese
- Spinach and cheese
- Spiced cottage cheese
- Egg and chopped chives
- Strawberries and cream cheese
- Blueberries and cream cheese
- Peanut butter
- Dark cherries and chocolate
- Spiced leftover rotisserie chicken
- Any fruit jam
How Do I Use Pastry In The Air Fryer?
While the recipe is pretty much straightforward and easy to make, make sure you follow these tips to get that perfect golden brown and flaky pastry!
- When placing your pastry in the air fryer, maintain some distance between each pastry. This will keep the pastry from sticking to each other once they start to cook, and will also help the hot air circulate throughout the air fryer, which will help the pastry cook to perfection.
- Don’t skip the egg wash when you’re making the pastry. It doesn’t just help seal the edges but also adds a nice color and shine to the pastry.
Can I Make and Store These for Later?
Yes, you can definitely make these in a batch and store them for later. The best way to store them is to first allow them to cool down completely, then transfer them to an airtight container and place them in the refrigerator or freezer.
Then, when you want to serve them, just get them out, place them in the air fryer basket (even if you’ve cooked them before) and allow them to air fry for a couple of minutes. This will actually make them extra crispy too.
Serving Ideas and Suggestions
The best, foolproof way to serve these breakfast pastries is to top them with some vanilla icing or a light dusting of icing sugar. If you don’t have either of these, a drizzle of honey or maple syrup can do the trick too. And if you’re feeling extra fancy, get that chocolate sauce out!
If you’re trying out a savory version of these pastries, you can team them up with a dip or sprinkle some chopped cilantro over the top.
- Pre-Made Pie Crust
- Strawberry Jelly
- Vanilla Icing
- 1 Egg
- Roll out the pie crust and cut out 3-inch rectangles.
- Place a teaspoon of strawberry jelly in the center of half of the rectangles.
- Place a rectangle on top of the jelly rectangles & press edges together with a fork.
- Egg wash each rectangle.
- Place in the air fryer for 5-8 minutes on 375. These fry up really quickly so keep an eye on them!
- Remove from air fryer and smother in icing.
- Sprinkle away!
- Serve & enjoy!