Football Brownies Recipe
Everyone loves brownies, but these Football Brownies are going to steal the show at your next tailgate or Football watch party!
Just in case you missed it…it’s prime time football season right now! Around the world, nights and weekends are being spent in front of the TV watching or in stadiums enjoying the competition between two teams.
Football is one of those sports that bring out the competitiveness and the hunger in people!
One great part about football season is that there are plenty of chances to attend football watch parties with your family and friends! The next time you attend one, take these Football Brownies for everyone to enjoy!
They are sweet, they are adorable, and they’ll be the winning touch to any and every football party! Dare I say that they’ll be a “touchdown” treat for everyone to enjoy?!
And while they may look a little difficult to make, trust that they aren’t! The footballs on top are actually chocolate covered strawberries! Talk about a creative and perfect way to make these adorable Football Brownies!
Share them with all your football-loving friends and family today! They’ll go crazy over them, and you’ll get requests to bring them each and every time!
Ingredients Needed to Make Football Brownies
1 ¼ cup sugar
¼ cup water
¾ cup flour
⅓ cup cocoa
½ cup chocolate chunks
½ cup semi-sweet chips
¼ tsp baking powder
½ cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
Melting chocolate – milk chocolate or semi-sweet, whichever your preference
White decorating gel
How to Make Football Brownies
- In a saucepan, melt sugar, water, and chocolate chunks together until the chocolate is melted.
- Allow it to cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in the eggs and vanilla. Mix until just combined.
- Pour in the melted chocolate. Mix, but do not over mix!!
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Pour the brownie mix into the dish. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- Using green icing and a star tip, frost green ‘grass’ on top of the brownie.
- Melt chocolate according to package instructions. I found some in microwavable cups that worked perfectly.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on the counter. Dip a strawberry into the melted chocolate and allow to set on the parchment paper.
- Once hardened, draw the football laces on the strawberry with the decorating gel.
- Place a strawberry on the brownie.
These are a cakey brownie! Super chocolatey and delicious!