Halloween Popcorn Mix Recipe
Don’t be scared by this Zombie Halloween Popcorn and Candy recipe! While it may look a little creepy, it’s totally worth each and every bite!
This is one of those Halloween treats that your kiddos just won’t be able to get enough of. (and who knows…maybe you, too!) There’s just something so hilarious and spooky about this Zombie Halloween Popcorn that will have them literally eyeballing every bite just to see what they are about to it.
I love making this to have around the house here and there, but it’s also a fun treat for October birthdays, sleepovers and even a really cool treat to take to class parties. I can’t tell you the double takes that occur once people lay their eyes on this tasty treat. It’s hilarious.
Every year, my kids ask for this popcorn recipe by name. They love the bright colors, and of course, the random eyeballs that can be found without. Plus, they love being able to help make it as well so it really is a fun family effort each and every time that we create it.
If you are looking for a silly and delicious treat this Halloween season, this is the one for you!
Zombie Halloween Popcorn and Candy Mix
Halloween Popcorn Ingredients:
Zombie Halloween Popcorn Recipe:
- 16 cups of popped popcorn
- 1 cup butter (1/2 cup in each saucepan)
- 2 cup granulated sugar (1 cup in each saucepan)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup (1/4 cup in each saucepan)
- 1 tsp salt (1/2 tsp in each saucepan)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (1/2 tsp in each saucepan)
- 1 tsp light green food coloring
- 1 tsp moss green food coloring
- 1 tsp brown food coloring
- 2 tsp baking soda (1/4 each bowl)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place your popcorn evenly on two large baking pans covered with parchment paper.
- In two medium saucepans over medium heat add 1/2 of each of the following ingredients to each saucepan.
- Add butter first and melt then stir in sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and salt into both saucepans.
- Bring to boil while stirring consistently and boil without stirring for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and split the mixture into 4 small mixing bowls.
- Add your food colors one in each bowl.
- Mix all bowls until the mixture is evenly colored and combined. Next, stir in baking soda and the mixture will double.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir to combine and evenly coat, then place the popcorn in the oven.
- Stir the popcorn every 15 minutes for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.