Ruler Themed Cupcakes for Back to School
Give the teacher in your life a little smile and fun treat with these adorable and delicious Ruler Back to School Cupcakes!
It isn’t very often in life when you can give a gift to someone, and know without a doubt that they are going to love it. Trust in the fact that teachers will love these adorable ruler cupcakes. And what’s not to love? They’re unique, they’re fun and it’s just another way to let the teacher in your life know that you appreciate them and everything that they do.
Besides giving this to teachers for a fun treat, they are also a great surprise to take to your child’s classroom or even a class party. Can you imagine that joy when you show up with ruler cupcakes for everyone to enjoy? When they say that sharing is caring, this cupcake recipe does that and so much more!
While the recipe calls for vanilla, you can switch it up and make chocolate cupcakes if you want. It’s your recipe, so ultimately you can do whatever you would like with it! But no matter what you do, just have fun knowing that whoever eats these cupcakes, is going to think that you totally “rule”.
Ingredients to Make Cupcakes
Easy Cupcake Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line (2) 12 count muffin tins with cupcake liners. Next, prepare the cupcake batter according to the directions and fill the muffin wells 1/2 way with cupcake batter. Bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes.
At around 18 minutes, insert a toothpick into the cupcakes. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cupcakes are done.
Once they are done, remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool.
After they are cool, generously frost each cupcake with white frosting and set aside.
Next to make the ruler cookie topper, attach the small round frosting tip and fill the disposable piping bag with chocolate frosting. Gently squeeze the frosting from the piping bag making ruler marks on each vanilla wafer.
Place the wafer on top of the cupcake and repeat with all cupcakes.
Makes approximately 24 cupcakes
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin it or Print it with this recipe card:
- 1 box of white or yellow cake mix, any brand + box ingredients
- White frosting
- 24 Vanilla sugar wafers
- Chocolate Frosting
- Wilton size 2 round frosting tip
- Disposable piping bag
- White cupcake liners
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line (2) 12 count muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Prepare the cupcake batter according to the package directions.
- Fill the muffin wells 1/2 way with cupcake batter and bake 18-20 minutes.
- Around 18 minutes, insert a toothpick into the cupcakes. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cupcakes are done.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once cool, generously frost each cupcake with white frosting and set aside.
- Attach the small round frosting tip and fill the disposable piping bag with chocolate frosting.
- Gently squeeze the frosting from the piping bag making ruler marks on each vanilla wafer.
- Place the wafer on top of the cupcake and repeat with all cupcakes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- DECONY White Standard Size Cupcake Paper Fluted Baking Cup Liners - 2'' x 1-1/4=4.5 - appx.500/ pack
- Ateco 4712 Disposable Decorating Bags, 12-Inch, Pack of 100
- Keebler Sugar Wafer Vanilla, 2.75-Ounce Packages (Pack of 12)
- Ankier Cake Decorating Supplies, 32 Stainless Steel Baking Piping Tips with 2 Reusable Icing Pastry Bag, 2 Couplers, 2 Flower Nails and Storage Case for Cakes Cupcakes Pastry (38 pcs)