New to this Parenting thing and currently dealing with some parenting challenges? Read on!
Parenting is one of the most amazing experiences ever yet frustrating too to parents. As parents we are concerned about providing for kids, doing the right thing for them and also caring for their wellbeing. Every day has its own challenges but we need to know that all parents are passing through these times maybe in different terms and various degrees but we all do.
The Best Solutions to Handle Frequent Parenting Challenges
The good news is we can actually deal with these parenting challenges in different ways effectively. To overcome these challenges we really need to invest our efforts and time into discovering these actions.
I would love to share with you a few parenting challenges I faced and the ways in which I also dealt with them.
POOR EATING HABIT IS ONE OF THE TOP PARENTING CHALLENGES I HAD TO DEAL WITH
One of the important ways your kids learn is by watching you. Your kids are likely to believe these eating habits are normal whenever they see you eating unhealthy foods on a regular basis. As a parent, I am always conscious of what I do and eat in the presence of my kids.
My eldest son loves to eat all the junk food in the world but hates anything vegetable. It took me years to be able to help him stop this unhealthy eating habit but it was worth it. Here is a solution to poor eating habits.
- Prepare healthy meals for them.
- Always explain the consequences of unhealthy meals for them.
- Always get them involved in the cooking process it will help them develop taste for nutritional foods.
ADDICTION TO GADGETS AND HOW TO DEAL WITH THEM
Kids love to watch their favorites cartoon shows, film or favorite matches for hours. But this is not a good idea because it can harm their eyes, deprive them of sleep and they can also get addicted to them.
Almost the whole children in this generation are addicted to either social media or video games and a lot of other things which can be annoying. Their addiction can make you lose every level of patience.
- Try and introduce them to other interesting activities and hobbies like reading, blogging, puzzles, knitting, and learning of foreign languages.
- Set rules and regulations that they need to adhere to.
- Control the hours they spend on such gadgets by setting a time limit.
- Have a fixed time for such activity and tell them you would be lenient occasionally if they promise to maintain the schedules every day.
VIOLENT AND AGGRESSIVE ATTITUDE IN KIDS AND HOW TO DEAL WITH THEM.
Everyone gets angry which is a normal thing in both adults and kids, but having a violent and aggressive child can be really frustrating especially when you keep on getting complains about the child bullying and beating other children outside. Being angry is okay but not being violent or aggressive. Here are signs that your child has anger issues and is violent.
* Unable to control outburst.
* Getting angry over small things or getting angry always.
* Speaks aggressively and writes about violence.
* Blames others for their mistakes.
* staying angry for too long.
* Doesn’t care about other people’s feelings.
Here are a few ways you can help violent and aggressive kids.
- Try to know the reason why he/she is angry and also understand their anger.
- If they are always getting angry unnecessary I would advise you to start therapies on anger management.
- Set good examples. If you want your child to express their anger safely you have to teach them by demonstrating it.
- Have anger rules. Rules are very important for disciplining a child. You can have simple rules like no screaming, no calling names and saying mean things, no kicking or use of use of any physical violence.
SHYNESS in Children.
Sometimes children tend to be shy and lack confidence especially in public or when they meet strangers and change environment. If your kids’ display any of this attitude all you need to do is to understand them, by doing this you will be able to help them overcome shyness and regain their confidence.
Here are some tricks to help your kids overcome shyness.
- Do not force your child to associate with other kids.
- Encourage the child to interact with other kids of his age you can also help him by inviting some of his cousins and classmates over to the house.
- Always point out the qualities he has and the good things he is good at this will encourage him to overcome shyness.
- Tell him how proud you were having him face some problems and handle some situations himself.
DISOBEDIENT CHILDREN AND HOW TO DEAL WITH THEM.
This is a very common challenge that parent faces in every home from there kids. Kids tend to be disobedient especially teenagers which can be frustrating and disheartening.
- Stop shouting or being rude to them.
- Conduct yourself because your kids tend to learn from you. Don’t forget you are their first role model.
SIBLING RIVALRY AND HOW TO DEAL WITH THEM.
Siblings are children who are related and living in the same house. Sibling rivalry always occurs as long as family exists. Think back to biblical times and joseph’s problems with his brothers. That’s a perfect example of sibling’s rivalry.
When you have two or more children you will likely experience this in your house. This is a very complicating issue and it’s a big challenge for a parent to handle. It’s likely you will experience augment and fights in the house which will put you in an awkward situation.
Here are some do’s and don’ts in reducing sibling rivalry conflict in your home which I applied
- Stop comparison.
- Be impartial by not taking sides.
- Don’t try to be a judge by deciding who is right or wrong.
RESISTANCE DURING STUDIES.
There are probably a few children in the world who loves studying. There are children who hate the idea of studying and are always on the lookout to escape it. This may even lead to poor performance in school and I understand that no parent will tolerate such behavior.
These are a few things you can do to help your child who hates studying.
- You will never get a good result whenever you pressure your child to study, give them space and encourage them instead of pressurizing them.
- Let your child thread this path and learn slowly.
- Try to understand the cause to dislike.
- Make study time a fun event.
- Just let them be sometimes.
We need to know that no matter how difficult parenting is it comes with wonderful and beautiful experience.
So now that I have shared some parenting challenges that I faced in parenting and how I dealt with it, what are you waiting for? Stop worrying and put some of this method in practice am very sure that you will have effective parenting.