Finding fun activities to do with your kids during the holiday season is a great way to create lasting memories. And what better way to spend a winter afternoon than playing with LEGOs? This Christmas, have some educational fun with your kids by putting together a LEGO Christmas tree ornament.
This simple brick activity turns a handful of green and brown bricks into an adorable ornament to hang on your Christmas tree. On top of being a fun way to hang out with your kids, this cute craft is also perfect for helping your kids practice their STEM skills during the holiday season.
Build a LEGO Christmas Tree Ornament
What you need to create a LEGO Ornament
2 2X2 brown bricks
1 2X4 brown brick
5 2X2 green bricks
3 2×3 green bricks
4 2×4 green bricks
5 1×2 green bricks
2 1×4 green bricks
1 1×1 yellow brick
1 2×2 green jumper plate
13 round 1×1 plates, various colors
How to Build a LEGO Christmas Tree Ornament
Make the trunk by stacking 2 2×2 blocks with one 2×4 brick on top.
Add one 2×2 brick to the center of the trunk and two 2×4 bricks on each side.
Place one 2×4 brick in the center of the stack, then one 1×4 brick on each end lengthwise. Finish the row with one 1×2 brick on each end.
Place two 2×3 bricks on the next row.
Make the next row with one 2×3 brick, one 1×2 brick, and one 2×2 brick.
Add one 2×4 brick lengthwise in the center of the next row and one 1×2 brick on each side of the larger brick.
The next row is two 2×2 bricks.
Top with one 2×2 brick, one green jumper plate, one 1×1 yellow brick, and one 1×1 yellow round plate.
Decorate each end of the bricks with the remaining 1×1 plates.
Create a loop with a piece of string and glue it to the back of the Christmas tree to hang.
Hang it on the tree and enjoy your masterpiece!
- 2 2X2 brown bricks
- 1 2X4 brown brick
- 5 2X2 green bricks
- 3 2x3 green bricks
- 4 2x4 green bricks
- 5 1x2 green bricks
- 2 1x4 green bricks
- 1 1x1 yellow brick
- 1 2x2 green jumper plate
- 13 round 1x1 plates, various colors
- Make the trunk by stacking 2 2x2 blocks with one 2x4 brick on top.
- Add one 2x2 brick to the center of the trunk and two 2x4 bricks on each side.
- Place one 2x4 brick in the center of the stack, then one 1x4 brick on each end lengthwise. Finish the row with one 1x2 brick on each end.
- Place two 2x3 bricks on the next row.
- Make the next row with one 2x3 brick, one 1x2 brick, and one 2x2 brick.
- Add one 2x4 brick lengthwise in the center of the next row and one 1x2 brick on each side of the larger brick.
- The next row is two 2x2 bricks.
- Top with one 2x2 brick, one green jumper plate, one 1x1 yellow brick, and one 1x1 yellow round plate.
- Decorate each end of the bricks with the remaining 1x1 plates.
- Create a loop with a piece of string and glue it to the back of the Christmas tree to hang.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Elmer's E1321 Glue-All Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue, Extra Strong, 16 Ounces, 1 Count
NewTrend 328 Feet Cotton Twine for DIY Craft, Packing, Decoration and Gardening,3Ply Durable String and Eco-Friendly(Red)
Lucky Doug 1100 Pieces Building Bricks Set for Kids, Classic Kids Building Block Toys with 10 Animal Block Kit Compatible with All Major Brands for Kids Boys Girls Ages 3+