If you are a fan of everything Christmas and the Grinch, this Grinch Christmas Crinkle Cookies Recipe needs to be on your radar. No one can be cranky when these fun cookies are around!
Christmas Crinkle Cookies Recipe
We may not quite be in the Christmas holiday time just yet…but we’re close enough and in my mind, it’s time. I love being able to create festive cookies that showcase fun characters from various holidays. One of my favorite cranky creatures just happens to be the Grinch. These Grinch Crinkle Cookies are the perfect way to turn any frown upside down.
Once you say the name of these cookies, it brings a smile to everyone’s face. No one…and I mean no one, can deny how adorable the Grinch truly is. Steal Christmas? Please. If you’ve ever seen the movie or read the book you know that his bark is way worse than his bite!
Start the Christmas season off right with these fun and festive Grinch cookies. The recipe is simple to make and the good news is that it makes more than enough to share with those friends and family members that you love. Doesn’t everyone want a piping hot Grinch Crinkle Cookie straight from the oven? I know I do!
Ingredients for Crinkle Christmas Cookies
1 box of White cake mix
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
2 large eggs
Green and red gel food coloring
1 container of white sanding sugar
Instructions to Make Crinkle Christmas Cookies
First, Preheat the oven to 350º F.
Then start by using a stand mixer to combine the cake mix, 2 eggs, and vegetable oil until the ingredients are well combined.
Next, divide the batter in half and place it into two separate bowls. Mix red food coloring into one of the bowls of cookie dough and mix the green food coloring into the second bowl of cookie dough.
To create each cookie take about 2 tablespoons of the red-colored cookie dough and 1 tablespoon of the green cookie dough and form them together into small-sized balls.
Pour the sanding sugar into a bowl and roll the cookie dough balls in the sanding sugar to cover them.
Then, place the cookie balls on the baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper, keeping them about 2 inches apart.
lastly, before baking, lightly push each cookie dough ball down so that it becomes a thick but flat disk.
Bake the crinkle cookies for 7 to 8 minutes. Then allow cookies to completely cool before Enjoying!
More Christmas Recipes to Try
- 1 box of White cake mix
- 1/3 C vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- Red, and leaf green gel food coloring
- 1 container of white sanding sugar
- Preheat oven at 350º F.
- Using a standing mixer, combine cake mix, vegetable oil, and 2 eggs until combined.
- Divide the batter into two separate bowls.
- Mix red food coloring into one bowl
- Mix green food coloring into the second bowl
- Take about 2 tbsp of the red color of dough and 1 tbsp of the green dough and form into small sized balls.
- Pour the sanding sugar into a bowl
- Roll cookie dough into the sanding sugar
- Place cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Lightly push each cookie dough ball down so that it becomes a thick but flat disk.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Allow cookies to completely cool before Enjoying!