Candy Cane Reindeer Recipe
These Candy Cane Reindeer are certain to put anyone in the holiday spirit! Plus, they taste great, too!
There’s something about the holiday spirit that just screams, “It’s time to create!” I don’t know about you, but I love to see all the festive food creations that everyone does throughout the holidays of the year.
In our family, we love Christmas, and love reindeer. (Let’s be honest…they often get overlooked because Santa tends to steal the show!) Once I knew that this recipe was super simple, it was on my holiday radar as a “must-do”.
Trust me…you won’t have to work hard to recruit your family members to help with this Candy Cane Reindeer recipe. In fact, they may want to make it a family tradition year after year!
I love the idea of making these up a few days before Christmas and giving them out as gifts to family and friends. And who knows, maybe you’ll make enough that you’ll have some leftover for late-night Santa snacking as well. After all, putting a few of these out on his plate would be a much welcomed changed from those plain on cookies that he has to eat, right?!
Candy Cane Reindeer Ingredients:
24 small Candy Canes
12 Hershey Kisses
12 Red Candy Decorations (like Red Hots)
24 Candy Eyes
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Candy Melting Chips
1 White Candy Melting Chips
Candy Cane Reindeer Directions:
Repeat for remaining canes.
- 24 small Candy Canes
- 12 Hershey Kisses
- 12 Red Candy Decorations (like Red Hots)
- 24 Candy Eyes
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Candy Melting Chips
- 1 White Candy Melting Chips
- Line a cutting board or cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Heat chocolate candy chips by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted.
- Take 2 candy canes and dip the bottoms (straight parts) in chocolate and shake off excess.
- Place together on wax paper so hooks of each go off in opposite directions.
- Place an unwrapped Hershey Kiss on the chocolate covered canes. Repeat for remaining canes.
- Using a toothpick, take a dab of melted chocolate and glue the red candy on top of the kiss as the nose.
- Using a toothpick, take a dab of melted chocolate and glue on the eyes.
- Take the white chocolate chip and place it on wax paper and heat in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Take another toothpick and paint a white mouth on each reindeer.