You’re going to love this wine cork craft for kids. Not only is it suitable for all ages, but this Spring Flowers and Bumble Bee Wine Cork Painting idea for Kids is just too much fun to make!
Easy Wine Cork Painting Craft
Let’s all be real with each other for a moment…more than likely, you might have a few wine corks lying around, just waiting to be used. And if you don’t happen to have a wine bottle to put them back on top of, they’re the perfect supply to create some really cool crafts.
We’ve made this wine cork craft a few times and have a blast every single time we do. While it’s a great craft for Spring, who’s stopping you from creating this all year long?
Grab the supplies and instructions below and get ready to make one of the cutest wine cork crafts, ever!
Materials Needed to Make This Bumble Bee Wine Cork Painting
Yellow, green and pink paint
White canvas to paint on
Black permanent marker
Paintbrush for detailing
How to Make Wine Cork Art
Start by dipping the wine cork into the pink paint and stamping off any excess paint onto a separate sheet of paper or a paper towel.
Then, stamp four pink circles in the shape of a short cross on the canvas where you would like your flowers to be. Make sure you leave some room below the flowers to create the stems and room above the flowers for the bumblebees. Also be sure to overlap the wine cork stamps so that the entire flower head is filled in with the pink paint.
Next, either grab a second wine cork or wash the one you were using with the pink paint and stamp yellow circles using the wine cork where you would like the bumblebees placed.
After the wine cork stamped paint has completely dried, use a paintbrush to paint the stem and leaves on each flower.
Then, with a black permanent marker, I used a Sharpie, draw the wings on your bumblebees in a semi-heart shaped design.
Finally, use the permanent marker to draw a mouth, eyes, antenna, and the stripes across the bee to complete the bumblebee look.
- Wine Cork
- Yellow, pink and green craft paint
- Small white canvas
- Sharpie marker
- Paint Brush
- Begin by dipping a wine cork into the pink paint. Stamp off the excess paint on a separate sheet of paper or a paper towel if you wish.
- Stamp four pink circles in the shape of a short cross where you would like your flowers to be on the canvas. Be sure to leave some room below the flowers for their stems, and some room above for the bees. Overlap the wine cork stamps a bit so that all parts of the flowers are colored in with the pink paint.
- Wash the wine cork, or get a separate one. Stamp yellow circles with the wine cork where you would like your bumblebees to be.
- When the flowers have dried completely, use a paintbrush to paint a stem and some leaves on them.
- With a Sharpie marker, draw semi-heart shaped wings on your bees.
- Also use the marker to draw eyes, a mouth, antenna and stripes across the bee’s abdomen.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.