5 Tips to Make Bath Time Fun for Kids and to Help Mommy Relax
Disclosure: So happy to share this blog post I created as a Suave Kids partner. The Disney, Frozen and Star Wars trademarks are used by Unilever pursuant to a license agreement with The Walt Disney Company. All rights reserved.
Make Bath Time Fun!
I remember when my three children were in the baby-toddler stage at the same time. The days felt long and while my heart was full my body was exhausted. One of the best activities for both the kids and myself was to have bath time. There were mid-winter months when I would throw a couple of kids in the tub together 2-3 times a day. They had fun, it instantly calmed any fussiness, and it gave me a few minutes to lounge on the bathroom floor (because moms of multiples lounge anywhere possible because it’s usually never possible) and destress while watching the kids giggle, sing, and of course splash. I learned early on to make bath time fun.
Now that the kids are getting a little older, they still love bath time. However now I use the time to clean the bathroom or fold laundry in the hallway, but most of the fun things I did when they were little, they still ask for.
Making baths fun for the kids has encouraged the kids to love bath time and which has made it my favorite time of the day. Here are my 5 tips to make your kids bath time the best time of the day!
5 Tips to Make Bath Time the Most Fun Time of the Day
- Create Fun Activities: Let the kids play and use their imaginations while in the water. Some of our fun activities are:
- Switch up the bath toys so they’re not always the same.
- Blow bubbles or get an automated bubble blower.
- Let them draw with bath crayons.
- Cut up pool noodles and make a Noodle Pit.
- Get a hand sprayer and squeegee so they can pretend to clean.
- Make the Water Fun: Most of the time just plain water is enough to make a kid jump right in, but sometimes I like to give them a little surprise by making the water extra cool. Some of the ways I make the water extra fun is:
- Overdo it with the bubble bath so they can’t see where the water starts.
- Change the color of the water with bath tablets.
- Make the water fizz with bath bombs.
- Make it a Bath Tub Party: The more the merrier, right? My kids thought so for a long time (before they wanted more space for themselves) plus bathing two or three at once is a huge time saver. So, we would have “Bath Tub Parties” by:
- Have all the kids jump in the tub together, and as they got older we would have them wear bathing suits which the kids thought made the bath more fun.
- Get windup water toys or boats and have water races.
- Play some music and let the kids sing and dance.
- Put down some towels outside the tub and just let the splashes happen.
4. Have Fun Shampoo, Conditioner, and Body Wash: One of my kids least favorite parts of bath time is when it’s time to wash their hair. Because of this, I am always looking for products that not only work great so that my messy kids will be clean from head to toe but I also need them to leave Lilly’s thick hair soft and smooth.
I also want the products to smell great and of course to have the kids favorite characters on the packaging to help encourage them to use it.
I am excited to say, The new Suave Kids® Disney Collection is exactly what I was looking for! It makes bath time exciting and playful with products inspired by two of the kid’s favorite movies, Frozen and Star Wars.
We have had the Frozen line in our bathroom for the last month and it has been a huge hit, isn’t everything more magical with Disney Characters?
In the bath, we have tried both the Disney Frozen Elsa 2-in-1 shampoo + conditioner and the Disney Frozen Olaf 2-in-1 shampoo + body wash. Both are dermatologist tested to be tear-free which is important when creating a fun bath time experience. Another perk is that they both come in 28oz pump bottles, so they last and are easy to use!
The New Disney Frozen Elsa 2-in-1 Shampoo + Conditioner in Berry Flurry:
Has a rich, creamy strawberry scented lather that rinses out easily leaving hair feeling soft and clean, in one quick step.
The New Disney Frozen Olaf 2-in-1 Shampoo + Body Wash in Icy Grape: Cleans both hair and skin with a fruity bubbly wash that rinses off easily, leaving skin soft with the fruity scent the kids love. That’s head to toe in one easy step!
- Make Getting Out Fun Too: Once you’re done with a relaxing and fun bath time the last thing you want is a screaming child not wanting to get out of the water. By creating a fun after bath routine that the kids can look forward to after the water drains, you will make the evening go smoother.
- Use fun towels! The kids always had cute animal ones, but now that they are getting bigger they have extra soft beach towels they picked out. Lilly has all the princesses, of course. While Aidan has a Lightening McQueen one and Anthony’s is Star Wars.
- Make after bath snuggling with a book or show a consistent part of the after-bath time routine.
- Have fun hair products. Lilly used to hate getting out of the bath because she knew her hair needed to be brushed next. So, making sure I have a great detangler is important. The new Disney Frozen Anna Detangler Spray in Sparkle Berry is Lilly’s new must have! It’s been tackling her tough knots without taking her curls away since the first use. I love how soft her hair feels after we use it and Lilly loves that it “makes her hair smell just like Anna”!
Fun Facts about Suave Kids®
- Suave Kids® offers head-to-toe gentle products that are specially formulated for kids
- Suave® is the #1 kids’ haircare brand
- Suave Kids® believes every adventure ends in clean and is introducing new products that celebrate the fun of bath time.
Suave Kids® Disney collections are sold at Walmart stores, Target stores, and mass retailers nationwide with a suggested retail price of $4.99.
Click here to learn more about the Suave Kids® Disney collections!
How do you make bath time fun for the kids?