This post is sponsored by Wayfair. All opinions are my own.
As you all can assume, we are huge Patriots fans.
“You can take the girl out of Boston but you can’t take Boston out of the girl”
With our recent move to Florida, we learned quickly that we were suddenly in the minority. I even told the kids, they may want to leave the jerseys hanging in the closet until they settled into school and friendships were made.
In a sea of Buccaneers fans, and the Pats not even playing them this season, we are definitely not getting any tailgating in.
We hardly get any game nights out, now that we are limited to two local “Boston” restaurants.
Luckily, I have become a pro at setting up a good afternoon of Couchgating!
It is pretty simple actually, but my kids think I’m a genius every Sunday during football season.
How to Creat an Amazing Couchgating Experience
1. Get everyone in their team apparel! Jerseys are on, the football is out, I’ve even turned up the air conditioning a couple times so I can wear my Pop-Pom hat in comfort.
2. Get out some fun games to play during half time like this awesome Patriots Cornhole Set.
3. Pull out all your football themed decor. Like the football grill tongs and cooler.
4. Invite over friends! For us, that’s my parents. The only other Patriots fans we’ve met so far.
5. Make yummy game day food and drinks! My husband’s favorite is this 5-minute Taco Dip.
5 Minute Taco Dip
8 oz Whipped Cream Cheese
8 oz Sour Cream
1 packet of Taco Seasoning
1 cup Shredded Cheese
1 cup Chopped Lettuce
Sliced Cherry Tomatoes
Mix together the sour cream, whipped cream cheese, and taco seasoning until everything is smoothly blended.
Spread mix on the bottom of a serving dish
Next spread a layer of shredded cheese
Top it off with chopped lettuce and sprinkle the sliced cherry tomatoes on top.
That’s it, 5 minutes till deliciousness!
This has been a great season so far, and we’ll be couchgating through till the Super Bowl. How do you Couchgate?