This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sam’s Club. All opinions are 100% mine.
Cold and Flu Season is coming, make sure you’re ready for it before it starts by stocking up on medicine and supplies at Sam’s Club while getting your Flu Shot!
A mom friend of mine once told me about her “Sick Basket” and we have created one in our house every year since! It’s a basket or bin that you fill with all the supplies you will need when someone inevitably gets sick. We tuck it away in the linen closet and then pull it out when we need it, this is the best feeling when that icky feeling strikes in the middle of the night!
I’m sure every family has their own list of favorite things that make a bad cold or even worse, the flu, more bearable.
Everything in my basket is conveniently available at Sam’s Club. With 5 people in my family, we get sick! I love being able to stock up on everything I’m going to need at Sam’s Club and forgetting about it until it’s needed.
In my Sick Basket I keep:
1) Hard Candy, for sore or dry throats. I like caramel candies because they remind me of my Nana but many people prefer cough drops.
2) Tea, I love curling up with a hot and steamy cup of sleepy time tea when I’m under the weather.
3) Antibacterial Wipes, with a household of 5 the germs get passed along quickly. I like to spray down remotes, door knobs and everything else that we touch often.
5) ChapStick, for when your lips get extra dry and under your nose get red and sore from too much wiping.
6) Tissues are a must.
7) Hand Sanitizer also helps clean up hands quickly while also disinfecting them.
8) A Thermometer is also an important thing to have quickly assessable. Before keeping our in our sick basket, I used to lose thermometers all over the house which made for the crazy middle of the night searches too often.
9) A Water Bottle with a cover is also great for those days your couch-ridden. I like to put a tablespoon of Honey, Lemon Juice, and a Table Spoon of warm Coconut Oil in my water when I’m sick for a little immune booster.
10) Dog Walking Bags (or diaper trash bags) for stomach aches. These make for cheap, easy, and disposable barf bags!
11) Medicine! The best way to feel better faster is with a good quality cold and flu medication to relieve those miserable symptoms. Vicks is a trusted brand in our home and when the hubby or I am sick we like to use DayQuil and Nyquil for relief.
Get Your Flu Shot
Visit your Sam’s Club Pharmacy today, to get your flu shot, it’s easy and convenient because they accept walk-ins! No appointment, no problem!
Every year up to 1 in 5 people get the flu in the US and more than 300,000 people were hospitalized with flu-related complications in the 2015-16 flu season. These are scary statistics, so I want to do everything possible to keep my family from getting the flu.
Are you a Sam’s Club member? What’s your favorite thing to stock up on at Sam’s?