DIY Elderberry Popsicles
I don’t know about you, but every time I head to the store, I feel like I’m banging my head against the wall trying to find ANYTHING for my kids to snack on that’s halfway healthy. It seems like everything is made with additives and sugar and I just can’t seem to wrap my mind around giving them those sorts of products, day in and day out.
Once I decided that I had the ability to start making snacks at home for the kids, everything changed. This DIY Elderberry Popsicle recipe is one of the best and most simple recipes there is. It has just 6 simple ingredients, and combined, tastes amazing.
My kiddos love them because they taste great, plus they are colorful as well! They love holding on to their elderberry popsicle and running around the house. They think they’ve just been given a sweet treat, and I get to sit back knowing that I’m filling them full of healthier options than anything that I can find in the store!
Give this DIY Elderberry Popsicles recipe a try! Your kiddos will love it and ask for more!
INGREDIENTS You Need to make Elderberry Popsicles
3 Tablespoons of elderberry extract
How to Make Elderberry Popsicles at Home
- 2 cups of organic grape juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice (I used low sugar)
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- 3 Tablespoons elderberry extract
- 1 teaspoon ginger root - grated
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Ad all of the ingredients into a large pitcher and stir well.
- Pour into your favorite popsicle molds and freeze for at least 6 hours. If your molds do not have lids with sticks attached, freeze the molds for 30 minutes and then insert wooden sticks in the middle.
- Once frozen, run warm water over the mold for about 15-20 seconds and gently release the popsicles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.