This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayGlow #CollectiveBias
6 Tips and Tricks for Rebooting Your Beauty Routine as a Busy Mommy
The holiday season is upon us once again, and I must say there is no better way to spend the holidays than to spend them as a mom. However, when you’re a mom, the holidays are usually a thousand times more hectic. There have been several years that I had gotten so engrossed in the holiday running around, Santa, shopping, portraits, etc. that I forgot to take a minute for myself, that is why as a busy mom I recommend rebooting your beauty routine during this time of year.
The result was me running out the door late to every festivity because I knew I looked like a mess but had no time to fix it. I stayed out of every camera’s view those years, and I knew I was that mom who “let her self-go” to take care of everyone else.
The kids were wearing new coordinating festive outfits, all the gifts were wrapped just right with over the top bows to match. Yet I was in pants that I found in the back of my closet from a decade ago, my face was breaking out from not being taken care of, and let’s just say there was no way I could show off my legs in a dress.
Luckily, I had an aha moment when I happened to see myself in the corner of a photo one year and times have changed. My kids still have coordinating outfits, and I still try to get to all the fun holiday festivities, however, I don’t do it while sacrificing myself. I know now that pampering and maintaining myself is important to my happiness too, and it doesn’t have to cost a lot or take a ton of time, but it needs to happen.
During the holiday season, we may not have the time or the extra funds for massages or extra long pedicure appointments, but we can easily reboot our beauty routine in our own bathrooms each night after the kids have been tucked into dreamland.
I make sure to spend at least 10 minutes on myself before bed, locked in the bathroom taking care of me.
I’m a Costco member, I have 3 kids and I love being able to pick up everything I need in one place and having larger sizes of products saves me so much time. Big families go through things so quickly, I love knowing that when I check-out we are set for a good period of time. This includes my beauty products!
I can grab a favorite facial cream, razor set, lip balms, shampoos, and conditioners, while I’m already out shopping for everyone else on my holiday list. Plus best of all these products can last me for such a long period of time, that I don’t have to stress about running out of something or getting back to the store constantly.
Every time I can save time and room in my mind, it’s a plus as a busy mommy!
Tips for Creating the Perfect Nighttime Mommy Beauty Boost:
1. Do it, I know when the kids are finally quiet and the floor full of toys are in one room and your bed is in another, sometimes choosing to lock yourself in the bathroom doesn’t sound like the best use of time. Believe me, it is, you will feel so much better after!
2. Create a basket filled with your favorite quick beauty products. This way everything is one spot, easy to grab, and quick treatments. You will likely make a hundred excuses to why you can’t put on that hour long hair mask, however, a 3-minute one doesn’t sound like such a hassle.
3. Create a calming atmosphere in your bathroom. Light a candle, spray your favorite bath spray, pull out your fluffiest towel, or turn on some music. Just realize that after taking care of everyone all day, this is your time. Make the most of it.
4. Take a shower and wash away your day, including washing off any makeup that is on. After a particularly busy day, all I wanted was my pillow, biggest mistake. When I would go to bed with a dirty face, I would wake up with a dull complexion or even worse a huge breakout. While you’re in the shower get as much done as possible, wear Crest 3D White-strips to whiten your teeth, put on a quick hair mask while shaving your legs.
5. Use products that do multiple things or make your routine quicker. I have a three-minute hair treatment instead of the hour-long one that I save for less hectic times of the year. I put it on while shaving my legs with the Gillette Venus Swirl. This razor releases water-activated MoistureGlide serum which has me shaving quicker because it glides so easily and gets every hair. My absolute favorite multitasker is Olay Total Effects 7 In One anti-aging facial moisturizer. This helps everything I’m worried about when it comes to my skin in one step.
6. Beyond your bathroom routine, keep products that you can use throughout the day readily available. I have lip balms everywhere so that my lips don’t get try and flaky. I know I won’t go look for them if they aren’t an arms distance away, so I get a 5 pack from Costco and put them in every room and in the car. I also throw a set of Crest 3D White-strips in my pocketbook for long car rides, along with pocket size lotions.
My main goal during the holidays is always to keep things quick, simple, and convenient.
We are busy moms and the holiday season is hectic and busy but that doesn’t mean we have to run around looking like hot messes. How are you taking care of you during the holidays?