This post is brought to you by Rover and Mom It Forward. All opinions are my own.
Earn Extra Money as a Rover Pet Sitter
As a stay at home mom with a household living on one steady paycheck, I often look into ways to make money from home. I am excited to share with you everything I recently learned about a dog sitting company called Rover. I honestly never thought of pet sitting to make extra money and now that I’ve learned about Rover, I feel silly for not thinking of this sooner. Rover is a web-based service that connects dog owners with dog sitters.
As a pet owner, I think this is an amazing service, we travel a lot and Rover makes it incredibly easy for me to find dog loving sitters that I am able to meet with prior to booking. As an animal lover that is interested in making some extra cash, Rover is a great opportunity.
Benefits of becoming a Rover Sitter:
- You can earn a substantial income. Sitter’s average between $1000-$3000 a month.
- You set your own rates.
- You decide how much or how little you work. As an independent contractor, you get to set your own schedule. This is great as a supplement to a full-time job or if you’re like me, you need to work around your families needs.
- Rover has a support team that is available to help you 24/7.
- Every stay booked through Rover is covered by premium pet insurance at no additional cost to you.
Ways to offer pet sitting with Rover:
As a Rover dog sitter, you are able to choose what services you want to offer. If you can’t have pets in your home you can opt to offer services in the owners home. Don’t want to have to leave your home? You can board them in your own home. If you’re not interested in overnight boarding, there are options for that too!
Sitter options include;
- Dog Boarding, watching a client’s dog in your own home overnight.
- House Sitting, watch a client’s dog while taking care of their house.
- Drop-in Service, you stop by a client’s house while they’re away for 30 minutes at a time to play with the dog and feed it,
- Doggy Day Care, clients drop their dogs off in the morning and pick them up in the evening.
- Dog Walking, pick up the dog and provide 30-minute walks.
You also get to choose what size dogs you are willing to care for and how far you are willing to travel.
How to become a Rover dog sitter:
Create an account by registering your address and confirming your phone number.
You then get to choose the the services you want to offer and which types of dogs you are willing to care for.
Next, you create a sitter profile where you can talk about yourself and go into more detail about what dogs you want to take care of.
Next, you set your schedule and launch your new dog sitting business!
Book clients, access insurance and support and receive online payments easily through Rover’s site. Rover really makes this whole process seamless for both its sitters and pet owners.
Connect with Rover Socially: