This review was made possible by iConnect and Luvs. I was provided compensation to facilitate this post, but all opinions stated are 100% mine.
Saving for a Summer Vacation
It is officially the start of summer! Even though down here in Florida summer seems to have started several months ago. For my family and I, the best part of summer is traveling. We love taking road trips over to Orlando, or spending long weekends at the beach. However, as a family of five, traveling can add up quickly. So, it is important for us to save ahead for all our vacationing plans.
Top Tips for Saving for Summer Travel
Plan ahead: I try to plan our summer travel a couple months before school let out for the summer. This gives me plenty of time to search around for the best locations and the cheapest travel dates. This will help save you money and also give you an idea of exactly how much you need to save.
Sell Old Stuff During Spring Cleaning: With 3 kids, our house gets cluttered quickly. While we are spring cleaning each year, I declutter every room in the house and items that are sellable are either brought to a local consignment store, sent to online resale sites like Thredup, or we hold our own yard sale. This is a fairly easy way to earn a chunk of the funds you’ll need for your vacation.
Make your Credit Cards Work for You: I hate having debt, however I have several credit cards that work to save me money. Two examples are my Disney Chase Card and my Hilton Rewards American Express Card. I use these to buy everyday essentials like gas, groceries, and medicine throughout the year and then make sure I pay them in full every month. In turn I earn reward points towards free travel. I save my Disney points for trips to Disney World and I use my Hilton Rewards on a lot of our hotel stays.
Cut Down on Your Monthly Expenses: Try buying in bulk or shopping your local farmers market to save on your grocery bill. Walk wherever possible during the nice spring whether to save on gas costs. By taking a close look at your average monthly spending and tightening your budget, you should be able to take a small chunk of money to set aside for a vacation. When you’re on your dream vacation, you won’t be thinking about the $4 coffees you gave up.
Save on Diapers: Having children in diapers is a huge expense! We had 3 in diapers at one point and I remember counting down the months till they were all potty trained, so we would have a raise in funds. However, there is easy ways to save on diapers like switching to Luvs. Once the twins came we made the switch and our wallets thanked us.
Why Luvs are a great diaper option:
- Features Super Absorbent Leakguards and NightLock Plus™, its largest absorbency area ever, Luvs Diapers lock away wetness and absorb even more than regular Luvs.
- With large refastenable stretch tabs, fastening Luvs diapers is super easy for parents, plus they can rest assured knowing that they’re giving baby a secure, snug fit again and again.
- Luvs knows that between laundry, play dates, snack time, and nap time, you don’t have time for leaks. Luvs makes life easier for busy parents by helping to keep leaks in the diaper where they belong, so baby stays dry and comfortable, even overnight.
- A contoured shape hugs baby for a great fit and a super soft cottony material and it softer than ever before so it feels gentle on baby’s skin.
- The Luvs Money Back Guarantee: Luvs feels so strongly about their diapers that they guarantee them! If you aren’t satisfied with the leakage protection of Luvs, they’ll refund your money.
Luvs is sharing the luv this summer and offering a great money-saving opportunity with a $2 print-at-home coupon!
The expire 30 days from the date the coupon is printed by the consumer. You can use this coupon at any mass, discount or grocery stores where Luvs Diapers are sold. All Luvs Diapers are included in this particular offer, except trial/travel sized diaper packs.
Now that you have tips to start saving, where do you plan to Vacation?