This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks and P&G, all opinions are my own.
Summer is here and for some reason that means triple the laundry load for my family. With the kids home on summer vacation we are all having fun getting dirty, sweaty, and wet, which means outfit changes several times a day.
With a family of 5 this can easily end up costing us a small fortune between the cost of washing our clothes and replacing them from damage. Plus the the time of sorting, washing, folding, and shopping. Who has time for that when the days are warm and the sun is shining?
Here are some of my tips to getting the laundry done and out of the way, so that we can move on to funner tasks, while being cost conscious.
1. Teach the kids to separate their own laundry baskets into the piles needed. I used to spend an hour alone each week sorting laundry. Lights, darks, dedicates, exc. It was a huge waste of time. Now my kids just bring the baskets down to the basement and do it themselves so all I have to do is throw a load in when the pile gets big enough.
2. Use cold water to wash your clothes. My water heater broke once and I had no choice but to use cold water. Guess what? The clothes were just as clean and my electric bill was cheaper.
3. Measure out your detergent. Before kids I remember pouring in a third of the bottle for no reason. Now I have to make that bottle go as long as possible. Only use what you need!
4. Time your loads. If you are like me, and I thought I was alone for a long time until I heard other moms complaining, you forget that you threw a load of laundry in the wash until the next day when you go to wash another load. Then the load is smelly and needs to be rewashed, wasting detergent, water, and electricity. Now I set a timer when I start the washing machine.
5. Use Downy Fabric Conditioner to keep your clothes from fading, piling, or stretching. We spend a lot of money on our clothes and keeping them clean. I want to keep them looking fresh and new as long as possible, Downy Fabric Conditioner does this.
Downy Fabric Conditioner gives your clothes a longer life by taking fabric protection to the next step and then you are save money on buying new clothes. Also a bonus perk, if you are a thrifty mom who tries to resell their kids clothes, keeping them looking new with Downy Fabric Conditioner can actually help you sell those hand-me-downs faster!
So How Does It Work?
When clothes are in the washing machine, clothes are pulled, stretch, and rub together. Downy conditions, strengthens, and lubricates each fiber to protect clothing from the friction, and agitation of typical washing cycle.
It also provides clothes with long-lasting freshness and reduces wrinkles better than using detergent alone.
Downy Fabric Conditioner is available at Walmart at there everyday low prices. Learn more and shop for it here.