You want to keep your confidence up and your body relaxed so that you feel like you, while dealing with your period. To do this, I head to CVS before my period starts to stock up on my Period Survival Kit must haves and I always spend some extra time pampering myself.
3. Take some time to relax and curl up with a magazine. Zone out and read about whatever strikes your interest.
4. Give in to your snack craving. I don’t know about you but I know when its about to be that time of the month because I could eat a house. I’m not saying indulge on every thing you have been avoiding all month. However I know every month, I get a craving for something sweet and chewy. It’s my ultimate temptation during my period, so you know what? I stock up on some candy fish when I’m at CVS stocking up on U by Kotex tampons and pads. Giving yourself that treat will make you feel less deprived and elevate your mood.
6. Cramps got you feeling less than confident? Grab a stick on heating pad to relax your aches and pains away. These are on my shopping list every month. They keep an period pains at bay while I run after the little ones.
8. Give yourself a facial and a hair mask while relaxing in your new spa socks. Keep your skin looking fresh and radiant and your hair soft and silky while laying back relaxing.
9. Give yourself a manicure and pedicure. There is something about having freshly painted nails that gives us an extra bit of confidence, and during our periods we need all the extra bits we can get. So sit back and make your nails look fabulous.
10. When all else fails and you just don’t feel like you, grab a pint of your favorite ice cream and allow yourself to veg out for a while. Don’t beat yourself up with all the things that you “should” be doing. Give your body some time that it needs to do nothing but completely indulge.