3/4 cups butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 cups flour
Shredded Coconut to top
Preheat oven at 350 degrees
Melt butter, then mix together the butter and sugar.
Add eggs and mix for several minutes, until creamy.
Add salt, vanilla, almond extract, and flour, and mix until well combined.
Pour into a greased pan, sprinkle top with shredded coconut, and cook for 40 minutes.
Be sure to check out the large variety of baking and meal preparation items at Big Lots. I’d love to hear what you love to make during the holidays!
Store-bought shortcake cups
Large Oreo cookies
Wilton Candy eyes – large size
Optional: blue and yellow sprinkles
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
2. Please 6 dessert cups on the lined baking sheet.
3. Fill each dessert cup with 1/4 cup cool whip.
4. Sprinkle blue and yellow sprinkles on top of the Cool Whip.
5. Separate 6 large Oreo cookies and discard the sides without creme filling.
6. Press a Candy eye into the middle of each Oreo piece with the creme filling still attached.
7. Lay an Oreo cookie eye on top of the whipped cream of each shortcake cup.
8 sheets of Graham crackers
Marshmallows – 4 large and 16 small
2 Hershey solid chocolate bar – regular size
4 T Hershey’s hot fudge sauce
4 Maraschino cherries with stem
1. Take out a a sheet of graham crackers from the sleeve. (This will be 2 squares attached to each other or 8 quarter pieces).
2. Cut the bottoms of each sheet diagonally to resemble an ice cream cone. To make four Smores cones, you will cut 8 sheets (one for the front and one for the back).
3. Cover the back graham cone side with pieces of chocolate bar. Add small marshmallows on top.
4. Place the front graham cone side on top and microwave for 45 seconds. Let cool.
5. Microwave 1/4 cup hot fudge sauce in a microwave-safe bowl. Let cool for one minute.
6. Spoon the fudge sauce over the top of the large marshmallows. Let set for a few minutes.
7. Sprinkle multi-colored sprinkles on top of the fudge coveted marshmallow. Let dry for additional 5 minutes.
8. Insert a large wooden toothpick in the middle of each large marshmallow and push the bottom of the toothpick into the top of the Smores cone. Be sure to have the top of the toothpick protruding out of the top of the marshmallow.
9. Insert a maraschino cherry onto the toothpick at the top of the marshmallow.
10. OPTIONAL : insert cookie sticks for ease of handling
Spray large, thin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, blend cake mixture, water, oil and eggs. I highly recommend using a Cuisinart or KitchenAid mixer for maximum results.
Mix until moistened. Beat with mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed.
Set aside and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
Boil ½ cup water. Beat frosting mixture in a small bowl (metal or glass) and slowly add water while mixing on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high speed for 5 to 7 minutes.
Take any size circular glass trifle dish (I recommend anywhere from 2″ across to 4″ across) and place upside down onto cake pan. Press down firmly and twist – cutting out a perfect size circle for your dish. Do this 2 to 3 times, depending on the height of your dish and your preference.
1 ready made Chocolate Cookie Pie Crust
8 oz softened Cream Cheese
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1 cup thawed Cool Whip
1 1/4 cup Semisweet Mini Chocolate Chips
Fold whipped topping and pie filling into cream cheese mixture.
Sprinkle with remaining chips.
Refrigerate 4 hours before serving.
Bake cupcakes according to box directions, and let cool.
1 2 Next