When I heard BlogHer 2017 was going to be held in Orlando, it brought enough excitement for me to overcome my social anxiety and buy a ticket as fast as I could pull out my credit card. Spending the weekend learning with some amazing women in the middle of a city that is packed with family fun on every corner has me thrilled! I have been planning since I bought my ticket; which sessions to attend, what outfits to wear, how to get there without getting car sick, and of course, what attractions to visit before and after the conference.
Must Bring Items for BlogHer Orlando
While my suitcase will be packed full of the usual travel must haves such as cute outfits, swimsuits, makeup, toiletries and some snacks for the hotel room, I also pack a conference tote that doubles as my travel bag.
In my travel/conference tote these are my must have items that will get me through the long drive over to Orlando and keep me on the top of my game during the conference.
- Dramamine® Non-Drowsy Naturals: I get motion sickness when I travel. Whether I’m flying, driving, or boating I always get that yucky feeling. And I already know that the drive to Orlando will surely cause me to get car sick along the way. The thought of showing up to the resort, with three children in tow, after having to pull over on the side of a hot and humid Florida highway does not sound like the way I want to start this exciting weekend. However, I also can’t show up feeling groggy and in need of a nap. Luckily Dramamine® introduced me to their first non-drowsy solution to motion sickness, Dramamine® Non-Drowsy Naturals, which have been a game changer when I travel.
- A Neutral colored scarf: my husband likes to crank up the AC in our car making it feel more like we are back in Boston than in Florida. So, I need something to throw on in the car. Hotel conference areas are also cold so I like to have an extra layer available during the day.
- Notebooks and Pens: I am old school when it comes to notes. My heart flutters for a pretty new notebook or finding a pen that writes perfectly.
- Smart Phone: this is a given, right? I can’t imagine a day without my phone as a blogger, but if there is a time you’re going to need it most, I would say it’s at a blogging conference. From taking pictures and posting on social media to following all your new friends, you’ll need your phone constantly.
- Extra Battery: even the latest phone models are unlikely to stay charged all day at a conference and being close to an outlet isn’t always an option so pack an extra power bank. Honestly, I’ve packed two.
- Business Cards: you exchange a lot of business cards at blog conferences. With meeting brand reps at the expo and new bloggers to follow, business cards are being passed out all over the place.
- Energy bars: for when you get a little hungry between meals and don’t feel like going all the way back to your room.
- Gum: you will be eating, drinking, and talking with brands and new friends all day. The easiest way to freshen up your breath quickly is with a piece of gum.
- Laptop: I know it is a divided issue on whether you need to bring your laptop to the conference. A lot of bloggers like to take notes on their laptop and have it with them all day. While it’s not a necessity for me inside the conference, I do like to have it while traveling and inside my hotel room so that getting work done is still an option.
- Power strip: you will be in rooms with hundreds of bloggers and only a few outlets. If you think you’ll need to use a wall charger for your laptop or phone, bring a power strip. Also, if you’re sharing your room with other bloggers (or children who have just as many devices as a blogger) A power strip is a necessity. You’ll want to be sure your phone and power banks are fully charged for each morning.
- Camera: at past conferences I only used my phone for pictures and while phones can take great pictures, they never seem to come out as crisp and bright as when I have my camera. However, lugging a DSLR camera around a conference didn’t seem like fun either; this year I have a mirrorless camera that gives me those crisp images with a quarter of the weight, so it is on my must pack list.
- Small cross body bag/wristlet with ID, some cash, and credit cards: At BlogHer, I will be trying to sneak in some pool time with the kids during conference days and exploring more of Orlando after the conference. So having a small bag that I can pull out with all my essentials in it is perfect.
With my tote packed and organized with everything I need, I know I will feel confident throughout the conference. Then when it is time to hit the town with my family, I can throw my phone, gum and Dramamine® Non-Drowsy into my crossbody bag and be ready for all the attractions. I am counting on the leading brand in motion sickness prevention to get me through Orlando, where the city’s Ferris Wheel is 400ft tall and the fastest roller coaster goes 73 mph!
One dose of Dramamine® Non-Drowsy Naturals contains the full clinically-tested ginger dosage for the prevention and treatment of motion sickness. Since it’s made from natural ginger, it is safe to use every day you travel.
Are you planning on attending BlogHer this year? What other amazing adventures do you have planned?
Click here, and take advantage of this great coupon to save on Dramamine® Non-Drowsy Naturals.
Enter to win a $100 Visa gift card!
What is your must have item when traveling? Comment below to automatically be entered to win!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#Sweeps” and “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from SheKnows via the sweeps@sheknows email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 6/12-9/12/2017
Be sure to visit the brand page on SheKnows.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!