This is a sponsored post on behalf of Shell, in which I was compensated. All opinions are my own.

Party Desserts

How to Save at The Pump with Shell and the Fuel Rewards® Program

Summer is upon us and for my family that means road trips! As a family of 5 who loves to travel, we spend a lot of time driving because it is the most cost-effective way for us to be able to get out and explore. Whether we are traveling all the way up to Boston to visit family, or finding a fun place here in Florida to spend the weekend, we enjoy being on the go. This also means we go through a lot of gas, so I am always on the lookout for the best way to save at the pump.

13698062_10154451061404850_7462582968023040672_o

Shell has been my go-to gas station for as long as I can remember because they have such convenient locations for me. There was a Shell gas station close to my parents’ house growing up, close to my first job, close to my house when I moved out on my own, and now that I have moved across the country, there is still a location less than a block away. When I learned about the *Fuel Rewards® program at Shell it was a no brainer for me to sign up, when a company you are already loyal to, gives you a great way to save money, you do it!

unnamed (2)

So, I was thrilled to have the recent opportunity to team up with Shell on a 5-part series throughout the next 6 months to bring you, my readers, travel and money saving tips while showing you all the awesome ways you can save with Shell and the Fuel Rewards® loyalty program’s “Instant Gold Status”.

unnamed (3)

Instant Gold Status

Shell has launched an amazing campaign, giving Fuel Rewards® program members Instant Gold Status free through December 2017 and rewarding them with automatic savings of 5 cents a gallon on every fill-up (up to 20 gallons per fill up). If you are not a Fuel Rewards® program member, now is the perfect time to sign up!

EOF_Final_Moment-of-Need_OP3_300x250

How to Earn Rewards with the Fuel Rewards® program

On top of the amazing 5 cents a gallon savings you receive from the “Instant Gold Status”, you can stack your Fuel Rewards® savings with rewards from the shopping, dining, and traveling you are already doing, by linking your credit card to your Fuel Rewards® account. I was shocked at the number of brands that participate in this program, which makes earning Fuel Rewards savings incredibly simple.

I earn Fuel Rewards savings at the restaurants my family normally dines at, the store I usually by our groceries at, and even the hotels we stay at while traveling. This program has become a huge part of my budget plan both when I’m traveling and during everyday life.

16251800_10155011780259850_4450765332022020829_o

We have three more road trips planned over the next several months, one to Orlando, another to the Space Coast of Florida, and we will be traveling up to South Carolina over the holidays. I hope you will follow us to learn all our budget travel trips, and make sure you become #InstantGold before your next fill up.

*Restrictions apply. To qualify for the Gold/Silver Status offers, you must be a Fuel Rewards® member and swipe your Fuel Rewards® card or enter your Alt ID when you fuel at a participating Shell station. With Gold Status, you will receive 5¢/gal in Fuel Rewards® savings on every fill-up. The 5¢/gal reward for Gold Status will be combined with other rewards in your Fuel Rewards® account. If you are an existing Fuel Rewards® member, you will receive Gold Status from 6/5/2017 through 12/31/17, the “Existing Member Introductory Period”. If you are a new Fuel Rewards® member, you will receive Gold Status for the initial month you join through the last day of the month, 6 full calendar months later, the “New Member Introductory Period”. The last 3 months of the Existing Member Introductory Period or the New Member Introductory Period (collectively the “Introductory Period”) is the “Qualification Period”. You will retain your Gold Status during the Qualification Period, but you must make 6 qualifying fuel purchases to qualify for Gold Status for the next 3 months, the “Benefit Period”. During the Benefit Period, you must continue to make 6 qualifying fuel purchases to maintain your Gold Status for the next 3-month Benefit Period. A qualifying fuel purchase is any fuel purchase at a participating Shell station in which you swipe your Fuel Rewards® card or enter your Alt ID and fill up with at least 5-gallons of any grade of fuel. For example, if you are a new Fuel Rewards® member and register on 6/15/2017, you will receive Gold Status through the New Member Introductory Period (i.e., 12/31/2017). You will need to fill up with at least 5 gallons of fuel at least 6 times during the Qualification Period (i.e., 10/1/2017 and 12/31/2017) to maintain Gold Status during the Benefit Period (i.e., from 1/1/2018 to

3/31/2018). Thereafter, if you continue to fill up with at least 5 gallons of fuel at least 6 times during the successive 3 consecutive month Benefit Periods, you will retain your Gold Status. If you do not maintain your Gold Status, you will receive Silver Status. With Silver Status, you will receive 3¢/gal in Fuel Rewards® savings. The 3¢/gal reward for Silver Status will be combined with other rewards in your Fuel Rewards® account. Redeem Fuel Rewards® savings with your Fuel Rewards® card or Alt ID at participating Shell stations. Fuel Rewards® savings are limited to 20 gallons of fuel per purchase, per vehicle, or fraud limits placed by Shell and/or limits placed on your financial card by your financial institution, each of which may be lower. Fuel Rewards® savings must be redeemed in a single transaction. Once you begin to dispense fuel using your Fuel Rewards® savings, you must dispense to the 20-gallon limit or you forfeit any remaining discounted gallons of fuel. For example, if you only pump fifteen (15) gallons of fuel, you would abandon the remaining five (5) gallons of discounted fuel. If you have a rewards balance greater than the current per-gallon price of fuel, the price will roll down to the maximum capability of the fuel equipment, and your remaining rewards will be saved for a future fuel purchase. Dispenser may require a price of up to 10.9¢/gal. It may not be possible to combine multiple discounts and/or rewards in a single transaction. For purchases of $75 or more, please go inside to pay. Unbranded diesel and alternative fuels may not be eligible. The Fuel Rewards® program is owned and operated by Excentus Corporation. Offer may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice. Not valid where prohibited by law. Please see fuelrewards.com for complete Fuel Rewards® program details and Terms and Conditions. Other restrictions may apply. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. To learn more, visit fuelrewards.com/gold or call (888) 603-0473.

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Shell. The opinions and text are all mine.

27 Comments on How to Save at The Pump with Shell and The Fuel Rewards® Program

1. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle
    July 26, 2017 at 5:32 pm (3 weeks ago)

I’m always on the road, so this fuel rewards is perfect for me. Anytime I can save, I’m all over it.

2. Courtney Blacher
    July 26, 2017 at 6:56 pm (3 weeks ago)

Nice tips, I enjoy when I can save.

3. Natalie
    July 26, 2017 at 7:43 pm (3 weeks ago)

Roads trips are always fun but they can be quite expensive when travelling long distances. How great that Shell provides a fuel rewards program.

4. Jeni
    July 26, 2017 at 8:05 pm (3 weeks ago)

What a great program! I love ANY program that saves me money on gas, because let’s face it gasoline is one of those necessities that we all need, and the price always seems to increase. I am going to have to find out more about this program!

5. Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh
    July 26, 2017 at 8:38 pm (3 weeks ago)

Gas is so expensive! Living in Florida, in the panhandle, I can tell you our prices are insanely high. Always above the national average. I’ll have to look into this because I had no idea it existed, and we are always looking for ways to save money on fuel.

6. Amber Myers
    July 26, 2017 at 11:10 pm (3 weeks ago)

Oh cool, we need to save money, so I’ll keep this in mind. I always love rewards cards.

7. Eileen | yesmissy.com
    July 27, 2017 at 12:56 am (3 weeks ago)

Sounds like a great program rewards program. It’s always great to save money on gas!

8. Jasmine Eclipse
    July 27, 2017 at 1:30 am (3 weeks ago)

These are such awesome tips and it sounds like a great program to be a part of!! We don’t have this in Canada, but I wish we did because gas is SO expensive!!

9. Dogvills
    July 27, 2017 at 3:21 am (3 weeks ago)

What a great way to save money on fuel. For a person who is on the road a lot like me, you’d want to save as much as you can. I wish we had this program here.

10. Melissa Dixon
    July 27, 2017 at 11:56 am (3 weeks ago)

Shell reminds me of m childhood in New Jersey. I haven’t seen too many of them out here in Iowa.

11. Carol Cassara
    July 27, 2017 at 2:24 pm (3 weeks ago)

I think it’s awesome that Shell has this rewards program! Gas isn’t exactly cheap and when you’re going on a road trip it would be nice to save as much as possible!

12. ricci
    July 27, 2017 at 4:49 pm (3 weeks ago)

I am all about saving money, especially on gas!! WHY is it so expensive?? ugh. Thanks for the heads up on the shell fuel rewards program!!

13. Zwitsal
    July 27, 2017 at 6:55 pm (3 weeks ago)

I love rewards program! It comes in handy whenever you need a penny especially if you don’t have it sometimes!

14. Misty Nelson Dawn
    July 27, 2017 at 10:41 pm (3 weeks ago)

Wow, sounds like a good reward program and I really need this since I’m always on the road

15. Lynndee
    July 28, 2017 at 2:17 pm (3 weeks ago)

What a great reward program. I will have to share this with the hubs. We won’t pass up on savings such as this.

16. Adaleta
    July 29, 2017 at 5:23 am (3 weeks ago)

I seriously love rewards and points! that is so awesome

17. aly mashrah
    July 29, 2017 at 5:43 pm (3 weeks ago)

Saving money on gas is challenging but with rewards programs like this, it makes it easier! I love it

18. 76Delmar
    August 1, 2017 at 11:19 pm (3 weeks ago)

Hello blogger, i must say you have high quality articles here.
    Your page should go viral. You need initial traffic boost
    only. How to get it? Search for; Mertiso’s tips go viral

19. Joette
    August 6, 2017 at 10:12 pm (2 weeks ago)

Thanks for the marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you happen to be a great author.I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will eventually come back from now on. I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great job, have a nice holiday weekend!

20. double garage door
    August 7, 2017 at 10:20 pm (2 weeks ago)

Wonderful website. A lot of useful information here. I’m sending it to some friends ans also sharing in delicious. And of course, thanks for your sweat!

21. natalie z
    August 8, 2017 at 12:29 am (2 weeks ago)

These are some great ideas for our road trips. We take at least one yearly road trip. Gas is by far one of the greatest ways we can save on our trip.

22. Mariam
    August 8, 2017 at 8:41 am (2 weeks ago)

Someone essentially help to make critically articles I would state. This is the very first time I frequented your web page and to this point? I surprised with the research you made to make this particular post extraordinary. Wonderful task!

23. useful content
    August 12, 2017 at 8:04 pm (7 days ago)

There’s great improvements on the layout of this site, I really like it! Mine is regarding new games and now there are lots of stuff to do, I’m yet still a novice in webpage design. Cheers!

24. Kasha
    August 14, 2017 at 4:13 am (5 days ago)

Hello, Neat post. There is a problem with your web site in internet explorer, might test this… IE nonetheless is the market chief and a large component of other people will omit your excellent writing due to this problem.

25. mobile number locator
    August 15, 2017 at 10:20 pm (4 days ago)

It was great reading this article and I feel you’re really right. Let me know if you are thinking about phone number search, this is my main expertise. I’m hoping to hear from you soon, take good care!

26. Jaime
    August 16, 2017 at 9:21 pm (3 days ago)

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your webpage? My blog is in the exact same area of interest as yours and my users would really benefit from a lot of the information you present here. Please let me know if this alright with you. Thank you!

27. how to attract a woman through conversation
    August 18, 2017 at 2:03 pm (23 hours ago)

It was wonderful reading this and I feel you’re 100 correct. Tell me if perhaps you’re thinking about how to attract a submissive woman, that is my primary competency. I’m hoping to see you soon, cheers!