The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free
We started letting our oldest stay home alone for short periods of time, gasp, I am totally freaking out at the thought the he is already at that age! We live on a quiet cul-de-sac, where all the neighbors watch out for each other, but still the thought of him coming in off the bus on his own is a bit scary for a mommy who’s learning to let go a little. So it must have been fate that Best Buy sent me these Arlo Cameras to try.
When the box first came, I was a bit intimidated. While I love every tech gadget I can get my hands on, I am not capable of setting anything up. I would probably screw up setting up our DVD players if it was left to me, and while I love my husband, he isn’t the most visual person when it comes to decor and wires. So I was nervous about how these would look, However I was so ecstatic once we got things out and up. They are small and sleek looking, with no wires. They simply attach to these little magnetic holder you place on the wall or ceiling. The set up was so easy.
Once we had them set up everywhere, we downloaded the app and got busy connecting the devices. I have them linked to my phone and the camera’s are motion activated so when they are activated I was able to choose to receive a text alert. The camera also records for 10 seconds up to 2 minutes and then saves the recording for a week. As a mom who is often alone at home while my husband is working and now allowing my son to stay home alone, this has given me incredible peace of mind! This has to be the easiest home security system I’ve seen.
Some other awesome features:
- Downloadable apps enable you to view live video from your compatible Android, Apple® iOS, Amazon Kindle, Windows or Mac device.
- Completely wire free, for use inside and outside – weatherproof for temperatures ranging from 14° to 122°
- Enables you to capture 720p video footage both during the day and at night , with a 130° field of view
- Motion-activated design automatically records motion once detected, sending e-mail or app notifications
- Comes with 6 magnetic camera mounts and 9 mounting screws, for easy installation on a wall or flat surface
- Works with other Netgear products
This money saving 4 pack set is only available at Best Buy! A great value at $499.99.
We have our Arlo System connected with the new Netgear® Nighthawk™ DST Router and DST Adapter, which is exclusively at Best Buy. This Router is the cream of the crop. Our house requires ALOT from a router, we have 5 computers, a wireless printer, 3 iPads, 6 cell phones, 2 internet boxes connected to TVs and now a security camera system. When everyone in the house is on a device, or 2, we would always experience a slowdown in our internet speed or even worse it would shut off and I would have to stop everything to try and refresh our router and modem. Since setting up the Nighthawk I have not seen our internet speed decline at all and have not needed to refresh the system once. It is amazing! The little kids can be streaming movies while my oldest is skyping his uncle and I’m working with no internet interruptions. The Nighthawk system is a must for every tech loving family!
The Great Features:
- The AC1900 comes with one DST, or “Dead Spot Terminator,” adapter – to eliminate your Wi-Fi dead zones; place it in an area where you get little/no reception, to improve Wi-Fi access. Additional adapters can be purchased for other dead zones.
- This high-performance router was built to support 10+ connected devices – you can also prioritize devices for streaming videos or music, and included advanced features for lag-free gaming
- Best Buy makes it easy with this new high performance Wi-Fi router, which includes a Wi-Fi extender and Geek Squad Set Up and Support via phone & web, for one full year.
- The Geek Squad service via phone & web allows customers to call or get help 24/7 whenever they want, vs. the need to schedule an appointment.
Check out both at Best Buy: