Fall is my domesticated season. I seem to cook more, bake more, and clean a whole lot more. The fresh fruits and vegetables during the fall months are some of my favorites. Between apple picking, visiting pumpkin patches, and the endless supply of tomatoes that come from my fathers garden right as fall hits. I always end up busy in the kitchen. On top of all the cooking, with the kids back in school, I always find myself in home recovery mode. Trying to clean out from the clutter and mess of two months worth of lazy and crazy days. Plus opening the windows and airing everything out while your cleaning in the fall is the best. The cool crisp air is so refreshing after having the air conditioner on all summer and before the cooped up winter arrives.
The thing I never realized was I was in a cleaning rut. I was using the same products I had used for years and never thought that maybe there were newer and better options out there. That was until I attended an event last week sponsored by Viva® Brand
I got to spend the morning with some awesome local bloggers, learning all kinds of cool switch ups we can do with Viva® Vantage® paper towels. Honestly I was shocked, I had never heard of any of these tips. I then spent the last seven days doing the 7-Day Switch Up
, using Viva® Vantage® in my home instead of my old paper towel brand and now I am now hooked.
Seven awesome tried and true switch ups for Viva® Vantage® paper towels are:
1. You don’t need to pull out the strainer when washing fruits and veggies anymore. That’s right, less dishes! Just place the food on a Viva® Vantage® towel and run it under the water. The paper towels have a stretchy strength to them, that keeps them intact when they get wet.
2. Keep lettuce fresh longer by wrapping a paper towel around a head of lettuce to soak up the excess moisture. This is my husbands favorite because we had been throwing half heads of lettuce away every week for as long as I can remember.
3. Hand wash and dry your beautiful wine glasses and other stemware using the cloth like texture of Viva® Vantage®. I hated washing my wine glasses because if I let them air dry it left spots and if I dried them with my old paper towels they left lint. Viva® Vantage® made washing my stemware incredibly easy and now they look flawless hanging up.
4. Do you scrub your tomatoes? Or any other vegetable for that matter? I never did, I had no idea that I was supposed too! I guess that was my domestic fail because when I used Viva® Vantage® to scrub some tomatoes, I was shocked at all the icky stuff that came off. Now I’ve been using the towels to scrub all my veggies from potatoes to cucumbers.
5. Now for my favorite switch up! I have always put ice cubes in my wine, I can hear my wine connoisseur friends gasping right now. I know it’s not the “right” way to do it and I knew it watered down my wine, but I’m a mom and at the end of the day I am run down, tired, and just want a chilled glass of wine quickly. I just want to unwind and watch brainless TV. However now, I can chill my wine without making my wine loving friends roll their eyes at me! Viva® Vantage® is now my best friend at the end of a long day. I just wrap my bottle in a damp paper towel and put it in the freezer, get the kids in bed, and several minutes later my wine is at the perfect temperature.
6. Another great switch up that I never thought of was to put a damp paper towel under your cutting board to stop it from sliding around while chopping things. This has me feeling a lot more confident when slicing and dicing.
7. Use Viva® Vantage® to restore your kitchen’s shine. The scrubbing power of these towels really impressed me. I used them to get all the yucky grime off my stove, cleaned all the oil splatter off the vent, and even scrubbed spilt syrup off the bottom of my fridge without needing a butter knife. The towels didn’t fall apart in my hands or leave pieces everywhere. They had a sponge like absorbency that I have never seen in a paper towel before. Viva® Vantage® stretches to scrub with revolutionary V-Flex™ Weave which is what gives them such amazing scrubbing power.
Plus, they’re not only great in the kitchen! They work great in the bathroom too.
Are you ready to take the 7-Day Switch Up? Kick off your Switch Up by visiting the Viva® Towels website for a Viva® Vantage® coupon and get ready to try these paper towels for yourself.
After your finished experiencing the stretch strength and great scrubbing power, head back over to the site and enter for a chance to instantly win $100 gift card!
It’s the perfect time to switch up your cleaning routine and see why Viva® Vantage®
was recently named a 2015 Product of the Year. These are definitely a staple in my house now.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Viva® Vantage®.