This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ConfidenceUDeserve #CollectiveBias
As a mom I know some days I can’t even get an uninterrupted trip to the bathroom. Everyone in my house seems to always need something, whether it’s a cup of water, homework help, a toy fixed, or just some snuggles.
However during that “time of the month” it becomes extra important for me to get that me time. Some months I get to spoil myself with spa nights or vegging time on the couch. Then there are the months, like now with the holidays approaching, that my days seem to be jam packed from the time I open my eyes till the time my head hits the pillow. During month’s like these, I try to get the most out of my bathroom trips.
Thinking of a potty trip as a luxurious moment in the day, may be something only a mommy really understands, but during hectic months when my period hits my 5 minute bathroom trips become a destresser and confidence booster.
I keep the basket that hangs next to my sink packed with quick fixes that help me feel more like me even when I’m tired and feeling the effects of my period.
1. Exfoliating Hand Scrub, you have to wash you hands anyways right? Why not take an extra moment and make it a more relaxing experience.
2. Lip Scrub, my lips are always dry and while my chap stick always seems to be in my back pocket, I often forget to give them a little extra treatment. When I need a little pick me upper, I’ll put a yummy sugar based scrub on my lips and massage it in. Then once I’m done with my bathroom business I rinse the excess scrub and dry skin away.
3. Deep Moisturizing Hand Lotion, on my way out the door I love being able to smell the relaxing scent of my favorite lotions. Plus with the colder months upon us, its something that I often forget but truly feels like a spa treatment.
4. Facial Wipes, my skin can feel extra oily during my period. Wiping down my face with a facial cleansing wipe helps me feel clean, refreshed, and only takes a minute.
5. Lip gloss, on a day to day basis I don’t usually look very put together. I work from home, so most days the only people who see me are the kids and my hubby. However I have been making more of a conscious effort to get dressed to my shoes everyday because it motivates me get things done. With that throwing on some lip gloss as I exit the bathroom, helps me feel pretty and more ahead of the game.
6. Menstrual Relief Medication, in case I start to feel some period side effects. I can nip them in the bud quickly without a second thought.
7. Mini Manicure Kit, I also keep a bottle of nail polish, nail file, and a nail polish remover wipe available. Granted I don’t often get to push my bathroom trips out long enough for a full manicure. However during that time when my husband has come home from work and this mommy really needs a moment alone, I hide out in the bathroom and repaint my nails as nice little break
8. Stick On Heating Pads, I don’t often have time to lay down with a heating pad on my tummy or back. So the stick on ones available at CVS are perfect to sooth away any cramps.
9. Personal Cleansing Cloths, these handy wipes keep you feeling fresh and clean when you don’t have the extra 15 minutes to jump in the shower.
10. U by Kotex® supplies, I love the fun and colorful packaging of all the U by Kotex® tampons and pads. The bright colors help make that time of the month feel less like a womanly chore. Plus I like how they eliminate any stress about protection mishaps because they always keep me leak free.
Check out the Daily Break to learn more tips to help you feel confident during your period and help you Save The Undies.
Thankfully CVS carries everything I need for my bathroom basket. So while I’m running my monthly errand of picking up my families prescriptions, I am also able to restock my period supplies without a second thought.
Currently CVS is offering a great coupon deal on U by Kotex®, So check that out and save on your next period supply stock up.