There’s something about South Carolina that has completely stole my heart sense the first day I visited the state last year.  I am convinced underneath this rough Boston exterior, I am a southern girl at heart.  I love the weather, the food, the slow paced life style and I cant get enough of the southern accents!

We stopped in the Charleston area twice on our Florida Bound Road trip.  On the way down we stopped and visited my brother for a couple nights, and on the way home we stopped through to eat but my brother was on a trip of his own in Massachusetts so we just stopped for the day.

We visited Kiawah Island Golf Resort again, this is an awesome family friendly resort.  The island is breathtaking, the beaches are warm, the pools are relaxing, and the kids can be entertained all day!  My parents have booked a house on the island for Christmas, and I am counting down the days till I can go back.

We ate at Triangle Char & Bar, the taco’s and burgers where delicious!  The kids cleaned their plates and the waitress was extremely friendly.

After the kids did so good eating we decided to take them for ice cream.  We went back to Belgian Gelato because the ice cream was beyond delicious last time.

Then before returning back to my bothers house we of coarse needed to stop and swim in the fountains, because who doesn’t want to jump in a fountain on a beautiful hot day?

Its so hard to leave South Carolina, even when I know I’m heading to Florida.  I love Charleston of coarse but we love my brother and miss him being close by so tears flow every time we have to drive away from “uncle”!
On the way home we swung into Goose Creek, South Carolina to eat at Brazilian Bakery Buffet.  We were driving home in the middle of the Brazil vs. Columbia World Cup game and the hubby was freaking out about missing it.  Goose Creek is much more rural than the central Charleston area, which I liked.  There’s something about living in the middle of no where that has been really attractive to me recently.  However once we get there I may realize its not as fun as it sounds in my head.  So for now we’re staying put in Massachusetts but one day I hope to convince my husband to move South.

16 Comments on Southern Fun ~ Charleston South Carolina with kids

1. Amber Shaffer
    July 9, 2014 at 3:14 pm (3 years ago)

It looks like you had a great time! The places you mentioned look like great places to visit, have to keep them in mind if I ever got to SC

2. Masshole Mommy
    July 9, 2014 at 3:16 pm (3 years ago)

That looks like a blast. I have never been to SC before, but I love the southern charm down there.

3. Camille Gillham
    July 9, 2014 at 3:23 pm (3 years ago)

I'm totally ready to for a vacation like this now! Looks so great and so beautiful! Thanks for the tip!

4. Kung Phoo
    July 9, 2014 at 3:29 pm (3 years ago)

That looks like fun.. I would swim in the fountain i always wanted to do that! I also need a beach!!

5. Victoria
    July 9, 2014 at 4:32 pm (3 years ago)

It looks like fun. I have passed through Charleston when traveling but we didn't stop to do anything.

6. Andi Wiener
    July 9, 2014 at 4:45 pm (3 years ago)

looks like you guys had a BLAST!!! (ps – can you send that water fountain to NYC, please? we're having a mini heatwave here… 😀 )

7. mommyatozblog.com
    July 9, 2014 at 6:36 pm (3 years ago)

The kids look like they had a blast in the fountain! Looks refreshing 🙂

8. Felicias Red Door Life
    July 9, 2014 at 7:57 pm (3 years ago)

The south is awesome, I'm southern born and raised and wouldn't have it any other way. Even the amazingly horrid summer heat can't drive me out of my home.

I've been to South Carolina once for my brothers Marine graduation but haven't made it to North Carolina or Charleston both of which are on my bucket list.

I'm glad your trip was fun and you got to see your brother for a bit. Thanks for sharing the amazing pictures.

9. Karen@From the Garden Table
    July 9, 2014 at 8:53 pm (3 years ago)

I'm also a Boston girl who has fallen in love with Charleston. We visited for a day when we were spending a week on Edisto Island and can't wait to get back someday!

10. Yona Williams
    July 9, 2014 at 10:53 pm (3 years ago)

Awe – the picture with the cat is tooooo cute. You should frame that one. Looks like you had a blast. I've never been to Charleston or South Carolina, but I do have a goal to visit all 50 states, so one day I'll be there hopefully.

11. LifeasAConvert
    July 10, 2014 at 12:54 am (3 years ago)

Great pics. You have a lovely family.

12. Anna L
    July 10, 2014 at 1:21 am (3 years ago)

It looks like you all had a great time. I would love to spend some time in South Carolina too.

13. Katrina Lutchman
    July 10, 2014 at 1:34 am (3 years ago)

Road trips make fantastic family vacations. Looks like you all had a fantastic time!

14. Onica MommyFactor
    July 10, 2014 at 11:27 am (3 years ago)

Looks like your family had an amazing time visiting the South. Very relaxing. I need to plan a trip there.

15. Celebrity VIP Lounge
    July 10, 2014 at 3:36 pm (3 years ago)

Those are some awesome pictures. Looks you had a good time. Amber N

16. Liz Mays
    July 11, 2014 at 3:15 am (3 years ago)

South Carolina does have a certain charm about it. I'm glad you all had such a fabulous time.